Breathing is the most powerful, natural, cleansing and life-enhancing tool we have. Here are just a few facts about breathing and oxygen:
- Over 90% of the body’s energy comes from breathing.
- Breathing releases 70% of the body’s toxins.
- Accumulated toxins in the body lower our resistance to illness and disease.
- The human body is about 2/3 oxygen.
- We are in a hurry most of the time. Our movements and breathing follow this pattern and we get into the habit of shallow breathing – taking in quick, short breaths.
- Anxiety, worry, anger, and other negative emotional states affect our rate of breathing, causing it to be fast and shallow.
- Shallow breathing can cause fatigue, sleep disorders, anxiety, stomach upsets, heartburn, gas, muscle cramps, dizziness, visual problems, chest pain, and heart palpitations.
- Lack of sufficient oxygen to the cells is a major contributing factor in cancer, heart disease, and strokes.
- Most people only use 10-20% of their lung capacity.
- Deep breathing increases the oxygen levels in the blood, which strengthens our immune systems.
- Breathing controls the flow of the lymphatic system. Lymphatic cells release toxins from the body. The body has 4 times more lymphatic fluids than blood.
- 200 years ago our air was composed of 38% oxygen and 1% carbon dioxide. Today because of pollution and other factors, the air we breath is 19% oxygen and 25% carbon dioxide.
What does a private Therapeutic Breathwork session look like?
Private sessions involve a consultation and approximately an hour of connected breathing. In the consultation, you and I will have the opportunity to discuss where you are in your life right now and how I as your Breathworker can best support you. All information collected from you is for the goal of supporting you in resolving current issues and changing undesirable patterns. The first “interview” session is 2-hours. Future sessions are 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Send me an email or call to schedule a session or get more information.
Why would I want a Breathwork Coach?
A Breathwork Coach is a professionally trained facilitator who guides your breath in a way that will enable you to process what occurs during the session. You will be guided and supported through emotional releases, thoughts, and memories that may surface, as well as through physical sensations that you may experience during the session. Your professional Breathworker is highly skilled at helping you trace complex issues in your life to the origins of your subconscious mind, and with this information, supporting you in finding solutions and resolutions.
Where did this Breathwork technique originate?
This connected circular breathing Breathwork technique was developed in the 60s & 70s by Leonard Orr and has been practiced by millions of people worldwide. It was originally called “rebirthing” because Mr. Orr was working to resolve emotional trauma from his birth. As he continued experimenting with this rythmic connected way of breathing, others began asking hime to facilitate their own breathwork sessions. And it grew from there into a world-wide organization.
Who can benefit from Breathwork?
People who benefit the most from Breathwork are those who want to….
- better manage strong emotional states such as fear, anger, or stress
- let go of the past and learn to be fully present
- resolve emotions from past traumas
- to stop addictive patterns of behavior
- improve their relationships, whether intimate, family, social, or professional
- eliminate negative patterns that are limiting their success in life
- find a deep, lasting inner peace
- greater ability to manage the challenges of daily living
What if I’d rather try Breathwork in a group setting?
Great. Some people prefer the anonymity of a group. Introduction to Breathwork Sessions will be coming back in the near future. (Please send an email or call for more info.)
These 1.5 hr Group Breathing Sessions begin with a short discussion of how oxygenation affects the body, the causes and effects of shallow breathing, and why deep breathing is important. We also discuss the benefits of Breathwork and teach you the gentle, conscious connected breathing technique. Then we breath for about an hour using the connected breath with no pause between the inhale and exhale. Afterward, there is a short time to share experiences from the Breathwork.
Have more questions or want to experience this amazing technique for yourself? Give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to sharing this gentle, yet powerful healing modality with you.
Becky Waters, CHT, CLC, MM, B.Msc.
Your Personal Success Catalyst